Annual General Meeting of PEFAA-2017
You are invited for the 26th AGM of PEFAA) to be held on 2nd December, 2017 from 3.30 PM onwards at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Peradeniya.
A Peduru Party is also organized to commence at 7.00 PM on the same day at the Faculty of Engineering.
Please circulate this invitation among your colleagues and friends who are Alumni of Peradeniya Engineering Faculty.
You may contact the following members for further information.
T.G.Weerasinghe (Colombo) – 0777357992
Marrikkar(Colombo) – 0777770839
Udeni Wickramarathna (Badulla) – 0773726179
Pallitha Abeykoon (Kandy) – 0710250065
Shobha Herath (Peradeniya) – 0718392813
Lasitha Weerakoon (Peradeniya) – 0716520256
|3.30 PM||Tea & arrival of guests/registration|
|4.00 PM||Lighting of the oil lamp & National Anthem|
|4.10 PM||President’s address|
|4.20 PM||VC’s address|
|4.30 PM||Dean’s address|
|4.40 PM||Prof. E.F. Bartholomeusz Awards||Awards for best performance of Engineering maths and projects|
|Prof. S. Mahalingam Award||Grant for an Applied Mechanics Project|
|4.50 PM||Presentation of Annual Report 2016/2017|
|5.05 PM||Presentation of minutes of the 25th AGM|
|5.15 PM||Presentation of accounts for the year 2016/17|
|5.25 PM||Motions for discussion and any other matters and suggestions
1. Suggestion to establish a Colombo Chapter of PEFAA
2. Matter of ET Centre and EAC funds
|5.55 PM||Election of Pro-tem Chairman
Election of Office Bearers for the year 2017/18
|6.10 PM||Address by the President 2017/18|
|6.20 PM||Appointment of Auditors|
|6.25 PM||Vote of Thanks by the General Secretary 2016/17|
|6.30 PM||Conclusion of the AGM|
|7.00 PM||Peduru Party and the dinner|
Click red links for more details
- ASLEA announce continuation of their scholarship program for another 3 years starting from 2017. Please apply on or before 30th April
- 3 scholarships (preferably from 3 communities) will be provided
- For those who have just completed 1st year
- PEFAA will send the application to ASLEA for selecting the most suitable students
- Please complete the attached form and include supporting documents given below and submit to PEFAA office
- The completed and signed form with additional requirements listed by the student.
- First year results (by student) or a formal letter (by the University) indicating their GPA for three semesters 3.
- Two academic references. It would be good if one is from PEFAA secretary and other from the Department Head.
- A photograph (digital would be preferable)
- Students story in your own words (space provided in the form but can be attached separately but limit to one page).
- Financial Assistance for Undergraduate research projects from 7075 batch fund
- For E/15 Batch: Award for the Best performance in the General Program In Engineering, 2017 Sponsored by Dr.Tilak Peiris and Mrs.Nimala Peiris